Whipple or Maggie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like I will be ordering a supercharger in the next couple of months and I am having a hard time deciding between the Whipple and the Magnacharger. Does anyone here have any input on this decision? It seems like in the past, the Maggie was favored but lately it seems to be pretty split. I've heard the sound of the Whipple is awesome, and I really like the idea of being able to tell there's a blower. Other than that, I know the Whipple is also twin screw but I don't know the advantage/ disadvantage of that. What else do I need to be considering? It seems they both are complete kits and the Whipple is more $$$.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I did Maggie and the install is straight forward. Detailed instructions how to install. I was able to install in my driveway with pretty much all hand tools. I used a drill and a carbide bit when it came to trimming alternator bracket

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a maggie as well.

really i suppose it all depends on if you want more power for towing, fun & such OR if you are gonna chase HP #'s.

both will do the job of daily driving, towing & burnouts 94565.gif

if you want to chase HP (along w/ supporting mods) - go w/ Whipple
;)

as far as sound, have you watched sumo's vids? you can hear his s/c just fine ;)
i am guessing that is from reducing pulley... as mine is still fairly quiet

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin at BBP said if it was his truck he'd go Whipple. Did you guys do a cam too?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin at BBP said a new cam is not needed but it would be beneficial if I want to do one later. The difference in price is about $700 more for the Whipple from what I can tell. @sumo do you have a different pulley on yours that makes it louder? As far as the trans- are you having problems with yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645