Whipple or Maggie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you do any af ratio gauges this way?
The tuning software seems to be the limiting factor. Hptuners seems to have more options than efi live. AEM sells a wideband that simply plug into the obd2 port to datalog, but it only works with hptuners. I've seen some discussion of getting this to work with efi live but the wideband has to be updated blah blah blah..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
look into AEM wideband Failsafe gauge. Its programable to display 2 different settings. Boost, AFR, Lambada, etc. I have mine set up where it displays Vac/Boost for Digital readout and outter ring is for AFR.
Face plates are interchangeable. You can datalog because it has a USB connection for a laptop. It can also be configured to Alert you if you go past certain values. depending on how or if you'd like, you can wire it so when a alarm goes of it will automatically send a signal to cut back on fuel or throttle,

image-jpeg.63997

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look into AEM wideband Failsafe gauge. Its programable to display 2 different settings. Boost, AFR, Lambada, etc. I have mine set up where it displays Vac/Boost for Digital readout and outter ring is for AFR.
Face plates are interchangeable. You can datalog because it has a USB connection for a laptop. It can also be configured to Alert you if you go past certain values. depending on how or if you'd like, you can wire it so when a alarm goes of it will automatically send a signal to cut back on fuel or throttle,

image-jpeg.63997
And I see it has a 5v output too which I'm guessing I could hook to the EGR input of the ecu. Hmmm. @JennaBear is there any particular AFR monitor that will work with the Autocal for datalogging or could I get this AEM one and go through the EGR input of the ecm?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Widebands do work with the AutoCal, but the guys can talk more in detail on that then I can.

I was running a PLX DM-100 on my 2013 and liked it. I also ran it next to the Aeroforce for a few more parameters all in one view. Basically, go with the gauge that is most appealing to you.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Widebands do work with the AutoCal, but the guys can talk more in detail on that then I can.

I was running a PLX DM-100 on my 2013 and liked it. I also ran it next to the Aeroforce for a few more parameters all in one view. Basically, go with the gauge that is most appealing to you.
The Aeroforce is $400 for a dual gauge plus another $200 for an AFR sensor. I'll have to pass on that one.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sumo I just bought the AEM Wideband Failsafe. Got a good deal on a new one on Ebay for $250 shipped. Does anybody know if the Autometer A-Pillar gauge pods for the 2000-2006 Silverados fit the Yukon/Tahoes? I don't want the one that mounts over the steering column. It seems the A-pillars should be the same but I'm not sure. Autometer doesn't list one for our rigs.
Edit: I just checked and they share the same part numbers so the pod should work.

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@sumo I just bought the AEM Wideband Failsafe. Got a good deal on a new one on Ebay for $250 shipped. Does anybody know if the Autometer A-Pillar gauge pods for the 2000-2006 Silverados fit the Yukon/Tahoes? I don't want the one that mounts over the steering column. It seems the A-pillars should be the same but I'm not sure. Autometer doesn't list one for our rigs.
Edit: I just checked and they share the same part numbers so the pod should work.
How many gauges u plan to use? I thought about the steering column mount but decided against it.. How about about a dash mounted gauge? This a photo I found online..haven't mounted mine yet since I got some other work in progress, but this was a cleaner look to me.. c0af83ac846b542ad5b4d65814221c49.jpg my shallow AEM gauge fits like I wanted..
37b4a8cac03df6d251398fdf1337c549.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just going with the one gauge since it takes care of both things I want to monitor. I already use that space for my cell phone mount though. Also, I want the gauge up close to my line of sight while driving. I'd rather not have to look way down there to check boost or AFR while smashing my throttle! I ordered the Autometer. The gauge will be right up on the a-pillar where I won't hardly have to move my eyes.

105-15105.jpgupload_2017-3-11_10-20-6.jpeg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going with the one gauge since it takes care of both things I want to monitor. I already use that space for my cell phone mount though. Also, I want the gauge up close to my line of sight while driving. I'd rather not have to look way down there to check boost or AFR while smashing my throttle! I ordered the Autometer. The gauge will be right up on the a-pillar where I won't hardly have to move my eyes.

105-15105.jpgView attachment 76462
Makes sense. I'll go Boost and fuel pressure in a pillar pod when the time comes..got another project thats going to determine my next step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier