Whipple...edelbrock... Other blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an Eaton blower. Magnacharger just makes the kit complete. Eaton makes most of the Tvs style blowers.

You should just run a magnacharger and call it a day.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have run Magnachargers and Whipples on our personal vehicles. We sell/tune all major brand name superchargers as well.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen they all tend to fall between $5500~$6995 for a complete kit depending on the source. If you have the know how, a place to do the work and tools you can DIY in a weekend. I think most come with a base line tune to install to get you up and running. After that I would take it to someone with a chassis dyno for a final focus.

If you are a mature adult and can resist the temptation to plant your right foot and experience the rush every time you drive it...about $7000 is the budget number.

A friend with a 2014 6.2 Escalade EXT installed a Magna Charger kit with outstanding results....however in his case he found that he was over driving the brakes which sent him off on another $5000 investment in a "Super Double Throw Down" Willwood brake upgrade. Next came Cam and Exhaust...eventually leading to a Transmission and Transfer case HD rebuild. Once you start you find yourself wanting more !! LOL.

There is something to be said for surprising the hell out of some dude in a Camaro SS or Mustang GT with the view of your tail lights....after all your dusting him with a 3 ton brick!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love the TVS2300 on my Denali XL. She is pushing around 750HP and has no issues getting up to speed from a freeway onramp. That being said, I do think that the TVS2300 is a bit overkill for the 6.2Ls, as the TVS1900 seems to be a bit more efficient on our 13 Silverado (6.2L).

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what options for the 5.3L? i see the 1.9s....will a 2.3 work?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Overkill for a 5.3L. You would be just fine with a 1900.

Sent from my fone.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if your going ot do it do the 2.9 whipple. It comes with a MASSIVE tank and 50 state legal.

smog legal also. I bought the unit for my truck im hoping to get around to installing it at the end of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro

Latest posts