whine while holding speed and accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
i am still chasing this phantom whine i can discern if its the tcase or rear axle. when i take off from a light it whines after oh 10 mph and will continue to do so while holding speed. now if i life my foot from the throttle the whine completely dissapears. I services all the cases looking for metal shavings or signs of wear to give me a hint and the tcase and rear end magnets looked good. Hoping there is a common problem that im not aware of i have no problem getting the parts to fix either just dont want to fix the wrong this. if i had to guess i would hope tcase as i i have a loud clank going into reverse from drive that i dont beleive is the slip yolk
truck is a 2000 tahoe with the 5.3

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I moved your post to the appropriate section, Just a FYI. When I rebuilt my 10 bolt a few years back I developed a whine from the backlash being incorrect (my own fault) I had it corrected and it solved the issue. but your issue might be completely different.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Hello,
i am still chasing this phantom whine i can discern if its the tcase or rear axle. when i take off from a light it whines after oh 10 mph and will continue to do so while holding speed. now if i life my foot from the throttle the whine completely dissapears. I services all the cases looking for metal shavings or signs of wear to give me a hint and the tcase and rear end magnets looked good. Hoping there is a common problem that im not aware of i have no problem getting the parts to fix either just dont want to fix the wrong this. if i had to guess i would hope tcase as i i have a loud clank going into reverse from drive that i dont beleive is the slip yolk
truck is a 2000 tahoe with the 5.3

Check the u-joints of your drive line.

OP
OP
T

tate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will check the u joints tonight but doubt this to be the cause it's been whining for 2 years Just seems to have gotten worse after I changed the fluid

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbirkey