which sway bars for 97 2dr 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
So I have been looking around, and there were two I was looking at. Belltech BEL-5400 for the front and Belltech BEL-5512 for the rear. I cant find anything that says for sure theres a difference for 2 and 4 door and 2wd and 4wd. I tried summit live help and the guy didnt really know for sure. Will these bars fit either combo as long as its the right year? Ive searched but cant find much info. I like the belltechs because they are the biggest ones I found and I want beefy parts. any advice would be greatly appreciated, or some good swaybars you could recomend for a 2 door 4wd would be great, thanks.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
should be no difference to the best of my knowledge. it was the middle of the body and frame that was cut and modified for the 2dr model.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since 1997 ive been using the belltechs they are nice

OP
OP
97WhiteYukon

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I did what I should have done in the first place, I went to the belltech website and for a 97 2 door they list the same rear part number, 5512, but for the front they listed 5600. There may be no difference but according to the belltech website thats what listed for a 2 door. Just thought I would explain for the next guy searching. Summit has decent prices and customer service but some things they just dont know, both those sway bars are on summit but their parts guys couldnt tell me for sure what would fit, according to them only the adco ones would fit for sure on the two doors. Now I know. Thanks again, got a whole list of suspension including these sway bars to put in this weekend.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Next time hit me up. I sell the items and install them plus my prices are cheaper then summit. I dont just sell this stuff I actually install them

OP
OP
97WhiteYukon

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
Fail. Both the bars I listed don't fit. I could have sworn the rear was right but it's not. The front is listed on belltech a website as fitting 2 and 4 door models, but it doesn't fit either. It would if the brackets were slightly different but the holes where the bolt goes through just barely won't fit. I could maybe modify the brackets to make it work, but I'm not sure if I should I don't want to lose the strength, as modding them will make the thickness between the bolt hole and the edge of the bracket very thin. Sucks, looks like I'll have to sell them on eBay because they already have bushing lube on them and are already scrapped up from the driveway.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
where did you get them from? did they come direct from belltech? or from the company?

OP
OP
97WhiteYukon

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
I got them from summit, but I checked the part number on the bell tech website. I could have sworn the rear was for a 2 door, but but it looks like that was my mistake. The front clearly says 2 or 4 door. I decided to go ahead and trim the bracket a little bit and was able to make it work. Maybe bell tech included the wrong bracket, but it was only off by an inch so I think its weird if that was meant for a 4 door, why wouldnt they just make the right size bracket for a 2 door just to appeal to that market? I put the new one on top of the stock one and the size and holes match up perfectly. I think it works for the 2 door but I dont think I should have had to mod it. But its in now and its not going anywhere, and I actually just cancelled my order for a rear because I think any more responsiveness and it would be too much for my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts