Which lowering kit is better? Lowering spindles or coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red08yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for a 2/3 drop for my '08 Yukon 4x4 w/o auto ride. I am trying to find out which kits guys like. Ground Force, McG's, Beltech, Eibach, DJM. Any body have any of these on there rigs?

Any better then others?

Are drop spindles or spring kits in the front better?

I am running 305-35-24 for tires. I also tow a wakeboard boat a lot, so I need to be able to do that still. I have after market inner coil airbags in the back, but I know I will probably have to get shorter bags with the new shorter rear springs.

Any input would help.

Thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Lowering kits on here are pretty common on here.
I have had Belltech, Pedders and DJM stuff.
My Pedders 2/3 kit is what I used to have, nowI have a Belltech 3/5 Belltech/DJM setup. Just don't have the complete front part yet.
BTW I have my Pedders 2/3 kit along with Bilstein HD front shocks for sale for $420 OTD.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
McGaughy's spindles have a patented design that won a SEMA award and is recognized by GM as the best lowering spindle in the market

The coils are roughly all the same.

Get McG's 2" front spindles, DJM or Belltech 3" rear springs, and shock extenders.

I like the Bilstein HD shocks...

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Belltech 2" struts, belltech 4" coils, bilstein HD or belltech street performance rear shocks. I did this on another member's truck and it rode great, same size tire as yours too

DSC00121.jpg

OP
OP
R

red08yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info guys. Thanx for the pic max those are the same wheels I have too. Now I really have a good idea what my rig will look like lowered.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if you choose djm or belltech im here for yah :)

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spindles ride much nicer than coils. Belltech makes adjustable front struts that can lower your truck up to 2". Pretty cool and they're only around $100 each.

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for 4/5 drop for 07 Tahoe. Which one would you guys recommend? DJM or McGaughy's. Who has the best prive or does anybody have used ones? Also looking for any parts for 07 Tahoe that you guys might have including wheels 24s or 26s.
Thanx

PS I am new on here and love this place.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive sold many kits here djm for the new tahoes and also belltech never had probs. If you go with mcgaughys tims got killer deals and i pretty much have the chepest price on belltech or djm shipped that ive seen.

the djm arms in front will drop it actaully about 3.5 inches and in rear no isolators will drop it 5. belltech has a nice drop strut set up also which you can use with spindles to get 4 inches. The djm kit requires nothing extra for alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645