Which lowering kit is better? Lowering spindles or coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 tahoe drop

I am looking for 4/5 drop for 07 Tahoe. Which one would you guys recommend? DJM or McGaughy's. Who has the best prive or does anybody have used ones? Also looking for any parts for 07 Tahoe that you guys might have including wheels 24s or 26s.
Thanx

PS I am new on here and love this place.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I say you get the McG 4/5 drop as DJM does not make one.
Or you can get 4" Belltech stuff up front and 5" stuff out back.

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 tahoe 4/5 with 26s

Thanx Nnaboy.
Will I have problems with 4/5 drop and 26s.(305/30/26)
Can anyone please give any suggestion or advice.
Also, anybody got any suggestions where to get best priced drop kit and some 26s.
My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thank you all

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
If anyone has some pics of 26's drop with a 2/3 and 3/5 it would help me dearly to make my decision...I know the lower the better but it is my everyday driver plus I tow a 3seater jetski and 21ft boat every so often..Thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I say both of you'll get 2/3 drops since you both plan on running 26s.
Ask DJMDIRECT, the Belltech/DJM seller on here how much it will run you from him shipped to you'll.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would do front drop struts and rear djm 4 inch kit and your done.

a 2/3 or 2/4 with 26s would be nice. The one thing with the belltech rear springs it can be a 3 or 4 inch drop. belltech front drop struts and rear 3 or 4 inch springs would give a nice ride also. I just dont like using drop springs with stock struts on the 07 ups seem to tare thru the stock shocks fast due to shaft going so much farther into the shock.

doing spindles is a option also but the belltech drop struts i feel make the truck handle better then throwing spindles on it.

Last edited:

CHINO07KON

Reaction score
Handle better but rougher im guessing..With spindles can i still keep some of the smoothness...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the belltech drop struts ride better than stock thats why I like them better than spindles for the price. Valving is better.

But if you want to go 3 inches or more spindles with drop struts ride better than spindles with drop springs on stock struts.

SidewaystheSeven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the belltech drop struts ride better than stock thats why I like them better than spindles for the price. Valving is better.

But if you want to go 3 inches or more spindles with drop struts ride better than spindles with drop springs on stock struts.
Old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for a simple question.

I'm weighing my options on a 2/4 and I'm curious to why the BellTech drop strut with the stock spring is recommended over the drop spring and upgraded strut in the front, handling-wise. Is the ride really that bad with the drop spring?

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for a simple question.

I'm weighing my options on a 2/4 and I'm curious to why the BellTech drop strut with the stock spring is recommended over the drop spring and upgraded strut in the front, handling-wise. Is the ride really that bad with the drop spring?
Here's the picture I was trying to send. This is my '83

IMG_0024.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9