Which lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ellis 97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys with rough country suspension lifts did you have any problems with the installation? I had planned on getting a 4" kit from them and having 4wheel parts install it. I called 4wheel and they said they didnt install rough country lifts anymore because of installation problems with there kits. There is a shop close that does install them but i've heard mixed stories about them. I'm thinking they want you to buy a lift from them or they dont want to install it. I would install it myself but i've spent tha last 4 yrs crawling all over a CJ 7 and i wanna take a break from wrenching for awhile. Rough country would be cheaper but i dont want anything hacked up either. :emotions122:

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take what i'm gonna say with a grain of salt cause i have not committed to a kit yet...
Ive heard that rough country shocks are crap, and SOME of the kits have had quality control problems. However they are generally HALF the cost of other lift kits and systems. I've talked to a few guys who had to fiddle to get their rough country setups the way they liked, but then again i've heard the same about procomp, rancho and skyjacker. Pick a budget. pick a brand based on the GOOD THINGS you want then pick a reputable shop.

JMO YMMV

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about the RC lifts and the install being rather straight forward. The kits were redesigned not to long ago I think. I am planning on putting the 6" kit on my truck this spring

OP
OP
E

ellis 97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well id like to go with rough country since there right down the road but if there quality isn't tha best i dont want a questionable shop putting it on. I put one of there 4" kits on my jeep and it fit perfectly.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres a good couple of threads about them that are rather recent. They sold me on the idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65