Which do you think is better

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the good news! there is no wind buffering or vibration at highway speeds in the Traverse:D

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the good news! there is no wind buffering or vibration at highway speeds in the Traverse:D
Haha good point. This junk platform finally has a leg up over the full sizers.

A 2011 Traverse is the only vehicle I’ve ever been in that’s completely left me stranded. Ironically it was a rental.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I like the look of the explorer. And it’s about the same size. I like the vw atlas too. It’s about the same size too. There are other options that are similar in size and cost.
I also like a Jeep gc and Dodge Durango. Hemis are appealing
If your even considering a Durango, why haven’t you bought it yet, no brainer....

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took one for a test drive today.
2018 traverse lt3 in satin steel metallic. It had good power for its size. I hate the front wheel drive noise thing. It’s subtle but there. A lot of room. First car I could sit in with a sunroof. Very quiet from outside noise. The technology was interesting. The back up camera with the overhead view was cool but the rear view mirror camera was very cool. I like the hid headlights and thing they should be standard on all the Tahoe levels.
I did not notice the engine shut off when stopped.
The wife whose car it’s going to be said she felt it was definitely a downgrade from the Tahoe.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are neat cars, almost bought an Acadia to replace our Montana but wanted more space for my big butt. The Acadia had gotten a little smaller since the last time we'd rented one! Consider a Suburban, see all those threads with Tahoe guys fooling with the cargo mats and back seats going up down in and out, none of that with the Suburban for daily use. I don't feel those extra 20 inches while driving or parking, save for it being too big for our present garage. It's easier to drive than the old Pontiacs and thoroughly enjoyed those while raising the children when they were young.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Op doesn’t need the space of a burb, though. Or the added entry price.

I like the looks of the Acadia Denali the best of the 3 and it has the more midsize feel vs the giant Traverse. The Traverse has always said hey I’m cheap, even though they’re the same. And now, even with High Country trim, it just still says the same thing to me.

Have you considered a Honda CRV? Albeit a compact crossover, they make the most of every inch inside and are super nice with jewel eye LED headlights. All at about $35k.

The Explorer Sport is really cool but long in the tooth and it has an awkward seating position.

Even thought the Durango and GC are the same age as the Explorer, they have aged more gracefully IMO.

Get another Tahoe? Go all out with a Premier lol

Or Audi Q5, Lexus RX350, Acura MDX, Subaru Outback?

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a Durango today. Pretty nice in my opinion. It was a 6 cylinder so that was a little disappointing. My main issue with these 2 cars so far is a lack of adjustable pedals. My wife is short and she cannot adjust the seat to where she can rest he heal on the floor and touch the pedals with the balls of her foot. The Tahoe’s adjustable pedals makes the seating much more comfortable for her.
The Durango is a nice little truck. Held the road well, had decent power for its size, hemi would have been awesome. The dash itself and controls were not dull like that of the Tahoe. It wasn’t “plain” .
My dogs box would fit behind the second row in both the Durango and traverse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chslax10