Which aftermarket headlamps are good? Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a retrofit to my Yukon but it needs to headlamps since they're starting to haze at the top and I've read that the GM ones don't like to come apart. I was willing to spend the money for GM ones but I don't want to break them trying to get them apart... I saw people mention Eagle Eyes were the ones to buy but I'm not seeing any listings on eBay or Amazon saying the brand is Eagle Eyes. Looking at pictures on eBay, Amazon, and Rock Auto it looks like there may only be two that actually look like the factory lights and one that is an all chrome housing.

This one lists the brand as "Brock" and they're the cheapest ones currently on eBay and Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-14-GMC-...375651?hash=item469a88ed63:g:DTgAAOSwK6ZdPkHZ

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I would be interested to hear how well they hold up. I've been looking to replace mine but am wary of the cheaper aftermarket lights.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably have clear bra put on them to hopefully extend their life. If I weren’t doing the retrofit, I would have spent the money on GM lamps. I just don’t want to risk damaging GM lamps trying to get them open. For the cost of these, I’m not out much if I screw it up.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics installed? I didn’t notice s brand on the eBay ad

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’ll be a while, I’ve got to do the retrofit first.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Halogen. They're basically cheaper aftermarket clones of the OE lamps. They "look" almost identical minus the GMC logo on top of the turn signal.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry what I meant to ask is HID setup for these.

My OEM lamps have a lot of glazing at the top from car washes but I have polished the main section so they are much clearer. But the OEM lamps are so-so at best... I am using Silverstars...

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried the HID kits in previous vehicles and sometimes the reflectors are good and the output is fine and doesn't blind oncoming traffic and on others it was terrible. It was always terrible on headlamps with the low beam and high beam as the same bulb. I will say I worked on a customer's Denali a few weeks ago that had an LED drop-in bulb and the output looked to be at least half way decent and the high beam seemed to actually work but I have no idea what brand it was and I didn't drive the truck in the dark so it may have in fact been terrible.

I'm doing a projector retrofit on these whenever I get around to actually doing it because I want proper light output for safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019