Where to put my sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DjJayFrree

DJ to the Stars
Reaction score
I want to add a sub to my Bose system. First off How do I know if I have a sub with my current system? Second where can I hide a sub? I need all my rear space!

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of a way to build a small box within the rear quarter panel. Relocate the jack and spare tire tools. Much like they came stock in the older models.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have Bose, you have a sub underneath your cup holders.

If you want to add a sub, you can use a LOC and grab the wires from beneath the cup holder. There's options to remove that sub/box and replace it with an aftermarket one, there's a JL Audio box that goes in the rear window, or there's the custom route.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it doesn't sound like much of a sub LOL. What is an LOC?

Line Out Converter.

Changes the speaker wires to RCA's

If you replace your head unit with a decent head unit, it will actually make the stereo sound kinda decent... for what it is. It's a 6" or 6.5" woofer

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an OBS 2 Door tahoe that I'm putting in a JL6w3. It's a nice 6.5" sub that hits good for being small. I'm keeping my OBS console except for the back 4" for the depth to accomidate the basket on the speaker. The soundstage is much better than in the back end of the truck (in my opinion). I used to bounce a 1st gen Kicker Solobaric 10" off the back glass but it was too visible and ended up getting stolen. I've tried to keep everything stealth since then. I'm not trying to enter any more IASCA competitions, just want to feel some kick drums. I have an old Kicker 8" L7 in my F150 extended cab console (think stealthbox but way cheaper) but it's too wide for the tahoe console. Those are sweet speakers. I have a ZR120 powering it (the JL in my 2 door Tahoe) with about 200 watts going to it. Hope this helps with ideas.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
I will be building a custom box for stock rear location. It will be housing a JL AUDIO 8W7....stay tuned...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be building a custom box for stock rear location. It will be housing a JL AUDIO 8W7....stay tuned...

8w7 really?

Unless you don't get to use your cup holders anymore or you lose the space in your center console glove box, I don't see how that'll fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20