Wheels rub on brake calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some 16" wheels to put on and they rub on the brake caliper. What is the easiest/cheapest way to be able to use these wheels? Whether it be replacing caliper or a spacer. It is just a factory set of wheels. Thanks.

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front disc calipers rub. The rear is drum brakes and they don't rub

OP
OP
blatta1999

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Tahoe and Silverado and the wheels are being swapped from one to another. The difference is one is four wheel disc and the other has drum rear brakes. So I was wondering if the caliper assembly could be swapped from one to the other. Don't know if the bolt patterns are the same. I don't really want to grind down on the caliper. But I don't know if the two would be a direct swap or not.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have a Tahoe and Silverado and the wheels are being swapped from one to another. The difference is one is four wheel disc and the other has drum rear brakes. So I was wondering if the caliper assembly could be swapped from one to the other. Don't know if the bolt patterns are the same. I don't really want to grind down on the caliper. But I don't know if the two would be a direct swap or not.

Is it the actual caliper or just the bracket that's rubbing? If it's the bracket, grind it, bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts