Wheel spec info for us lowered guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lowered about 4.5" f/ 6.5"r and am looking at wheels but I'm unsure on the wheels specs to look for.

I remember when Tony was around, he said 10" wide would be the widest wheels that would fit, and I think stay in line with the fenders or tuck.

Can anyone confirm wheels specs with an at least 4"/6" drop? Also, I'd like to stay with a 20" wheel. Tire height will be between 28 and 30" in height, I just like how they look.

Would an 11" wide wheel fit with a little manipulation?

Who would've thought getting wheels would be such a pain in butt, too many options haha.

Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lowered about 4.5" f/ 6.5"r and am looking at wheels but I'm unsure on the wheels specs to look for.

I remember when Tony was around, he said 10" wide would be the widest wheels that would fit, and I think stay in line with the fenders or tuck.

Can anyone confirm wheels specs with an at least 4"/6" drop? Also, I'd like to stay with a 20" wheel. Tire height will be between 28 and 30" in height, I just like how they look.

Would an 11" wide wheel fit with a little manipulation?

Who would've thought getting wheels would be such a pain in butt, too many options haha.

Thanks

Factory 20s are 8.5" wide with a 31mm offset. With the stock tire size, they're right about 32" tall.

I have about a 3.5/4.5" drop on "stock" wheels and tires. After centering the rear with an adjustable panhard, the tread shoulders would lightly rub the fenders and certain points of the liners during hard cornering. I rolled the fender lips and reshaped the plastic liners to gain a solid 1/2" at the lips and to eliminate rubbing the liner.

In the front, I haven't done any clearancing. The tread shoulders rub the liners pretty good when turned near and at full lock. They also hit the liners at the top center on hard dips.

With a 28" or 30" tire on a ~4" front drop, you'll have about an inch of clearance at a minimum, dependent upon what tire size you run, if you stay with a ~31mm offset. For a 6" rear drop, it's less critical since turning isn't involved. But, the base dimensions I listed apply just the same when comparing other wheels. With that amount of drop, you really can't push the wheels out much more than a few mm. So, you'd need more positive offset to coincide with any extra width over 8.5".

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly do appreciate the info dub, thanks :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019