Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good to know,thanks,do u think it is worth it or should I just get 2 in spacers ,and do u think the 285/70 will rub w 2 in or stick out really far?I do have the fender flares that come w the lt package if that matters

Yes it's worth it! It also depends if your running stock keys or lift keys. Lift keys narrow the track width so I recommend 2. Factory keys have factory stance. Lift spindles or knuckles push stances outward. So it depends if you need anything. On my 9" lift I used 3" spindles as well as 6" drop lift and stock keys. I have no spacers in front and 1.5 in the rear and it's perfect. My lift is actually set a 7" as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Countryboy07 that's deadly!!! What you are doing is allowing the weight of the truck to sit on the studs not the hub. Eventually the stud will break off and the wheel will fly off! Pull your wheels off now and you may notice the studs break while removing them. You don't want even a sheet of paper to slide between the hub and the wheel. Imo from my experience its mandatory to grind the studs for 1.5. You will be sorry if not.

He is fine. His alum wheels have recessed pockets between the holes. So it will allow the stud so sit in those pockets and the wheel is flush withe the spacer.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Countryboy07 that's deadly!!! What you are doing is allowing the weight of the truck to sit on the studs not the hub. Eventually the stud will break off and the wheel will fly off! Pull your wheels off now and you may notice the studs break while removing them. You don't want even a sheet of paper to slide between the hub and the wheel. Imo from my experience its mandatory to grind the studs for 1.5. You will be sorry if not.

Actually it's not... The spacer bolts to the studs on the vehicle and has its own studs that the wheel bolts to. The spacer is both hub centric and wheel centric, the weight of the vehicle is still on the vehicles hub. And you are correct, in most cases with a 1.5" spacer you'll need to trim the studs. But on my particular wheels, there is space for them to sit in thus no need to trim.

Mossygoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanting to do this on my 05 Z71. If I go with 2" I will not have to worry about trimming anything? Is there a particular part number for the 2" spacers or a place to get them?
Thanks

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Wanting to do this on my 05 Z71. If I go with 2" I will not have to worry about trimming anything? Is there a particular part number for the 2" spacers or a place to get them?
Thanks

Look on the back of your wheels. If you have the 17" snowflakes, there should be the divots for the studs. You can go down to 1.75 or maybe even 1.5 this way if you wanted. You can buy wheel spacers on eBay or Amazon. Make sure you buy hub centric ones is the important thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645