Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size wheel spacers I would need to make factory wheels even with the factory fender flares? I have 17' inch stock rims

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 1.5" will get you really close, but you'll have to cut the studs shorter to run that size. I ran 2" spacers and they stuck out a little

gr86ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used 1.5" in the front and 2" in the rear on my Denali with the factory 17" steelie wheels w chrome covers. I still have them if your interested in getting a set. I had them on for about 1k miles. They are hub centric spacers. If interested email me at gr86ss at Hotmail dot com.

OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
I used 1.5" in the front and 2" in the rear on my Denali with the factory 17" steelie wheels w chrome covers. I still have them if your interested in getting a set. I had them on for about 1k miles. They are hub centric spacers. If interested email me at gr86ss at Hotmail dot com.

I emailed you

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I was wondering where you got your front bumper and light bar or if it is a custom build?

whitey hoe

Reaction score
I think 1.5" will get you really close, but you'll have to cut the studs shorter to run that size. I ran 2" spacers and they stuck out a little
So exactly what needs cut to run the 1 1/2 in spacers?I'm thinking of getting some.I would like to run 285/70/17 on my stock 05 hoe rims.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you slide your wheel spacer on, the actual wheel stud from you hub will stick out farther than the spacer so you have to cut them a little shorter. Make sure that you screw your lug nut on the stud and then cut, that way when you unscrew the lug nut, it'll straighten any threads out that get messed up.

whitey hoe

Reaction score
Ok good to know,thanks,do u think it is worth it or should I just get 2 in spacers ,and do u think the 285/70 will rub w 2 in or stick out really far?I do have the fender flares that come w the lt package if that matters

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 1.5" spacers on my Yukon and did not have to trim the studs. My wheels have little pockets on the back of the wheel for the protruding studs to stick into. I know not all wheels have this though. 1.5" sit perfect IMO

image.jpeg

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Countryboy07 that's deadly!!! What you are doing is allowing the weight of the truck to sit on the studs not the hub. Eventually the stud will break off and the wheel will fly off! Pull your wheels off now and you may notice the studs break while removing them. You don't want even a sheet of paper to slide between the hub and the wheel. Imo from my experience its mandatory to grind the studs for 1.5. You will be sorry if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne