what useful items do you carry in your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I hope he meant Beastie Blanco. Beastie Blanc sounds like a pricier two buck Chuck. I am gonna throw some nuskin in there. That stuffs a lifesaver.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher!!!!

I've had three different occasions over the years where my on-board fire extinguisher averted a total vehicle loss. Once was in a crowded parking lot where adjacent vehicles could have easily also been lost.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher!!!!

I've had three different occasions over the years where my on-board fire extinguisher averted a total vehicle loss. Once was in a crowded parking lot where adjacent vehicles could have easily also been lost.
So.....you are driving around a fire bomb on wheels?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.....you are driving around a fire bomb on wheels?
why do all these uncovered 5 gallon buckets of gasoline keep catching fire??

my usual list for remote job sites:
tire plug kit
12v compressor
jump pack
tow/recovery strap
my tool bag is mostly centered around electrical tools, but still has socket set, channel locks, pliers, ty-raps, tape, etc
30qt cooler
minimal first aid kit
cell signal booster

i prob should also carry a fire extinguisher, one of those hope i never have to use items but priceless if i did need it

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do all these uncovered 5 gallon buckets of gasoline keep catching fire??
haah, that happened on a ship I was on in Alaska, fishing processor middle of nowhere near Russia, there was piece of plywood proped up and a bucket of gas one on side and a guy welding on the other side. guess what happened?
yep all hands on deck lifevest on, ship on fire like it was a oilwell burning... luckily they got IT put out.
and they wanted me to come back for Crab season, ff...uuu

Last edited:

DoggMcGruff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Breaker Bar, Milwaukee Stubby impact driver 1/2”. Noco jump pack, fantik air inflator. All fit nicely in compartment in trunk. Doesn’t allow the cover to sit flush but nonetheless all fit.

gatorintx

Reaction score
Portable air pump so I can fill up my tires when they get low. Jump box with jumper cables. Wet wipes everywhere. Portable potty (with bags) for little ones if we're at a soccer game or the park or something with no restrooms. Blanket, just in case. Bungee cords. First aid kit - it is shocking how often kids need bandaids. I just wish the storage area under the trunk wasn't so shallow, hard to find stuff that is flat enough to fit. And now that I think about it, I need to add diapers now that we have a baby. Thanks for the reminder!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Fire extinguisher is always a top ten. If you can, get Halon. It’s one of the only ones that can knock down a tire fire before it gets going to big. It leaves no residue so the rest of your car will thank you.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually don't carry much other than. A leatherman for daily bee-bopping. But, when going on a trip more than a couple hours, I pack the Murphy Kit:

Code reader, Klein toolbag with an assortment of wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, picks, sockets and ratchets, vice grips, etc. Then I usually throw a tote in that has a small bottle jack, pry bars, hammer, 18v impact and 22mm socket, 18v air compressor, 18v work light. Misc items are tow strap, jumper cables, zip ties, ratchet straps, 4x4 lumber, rags, tape, clamps, duct tape, spare fluids....your basic MacGyver setup.

It takes up just the size of a suitcase, so not much in the scheme of things.