What motor oil do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
i'm about to find out who produced Orielly's oil because an old dude told, "you think Orielly's is producing oil" Made me think, they producing labels to put on that bottle but I bet their oil is just as good.

Reaction score
Mobil 5000 High Mileage...at 285,000, it burns synthetics just as well, if not better, than dino. I save a few bucks for oil I need in between OCIs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm about to find out who produced Orielly's oil because an old dude told, "you think Orielly's is producing oil" Made me think, they producing labels to put on that bottle but I bet their oil is just as good.

A lot of folks use that Wal-Mart 'supertech' or whatever it's called. You think wal mart is producing oil? I hear it's good as anything else. I used their gear oil in the (2) diff on my truck...synthetic in the back, conventional for the front.

I did use a can of Oreilly dex6 and couple cans of their p/s. Let us know what you find out

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Mobile 1 5W-30. Been using it for 25 + years. Zero problems. I go about 7000 between oil changes.
I usually use Fram or Wix oil filters.

Yoslick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've used the Wally World Super Tech 5-30 Full Synthetic for many years now in many vehicles and have had no oil related problems...

blackopsiisuks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Castrol is a BP product.
Mobil 1 is an Exxon product.

Each viscosity available has its technical data available for comparison.

The last known sludge creator was quaker state.

Mobil 1 15,000 mile warranty states for operators to follow their owners manual guidelines for recommended oil changes.

Imho no reason to spend the extra cash if the oil companies insist you use your original change interval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackopsiisuks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mobil 1 high mileage 5w-30 here. 147k miles. I bought my truck new, and ever since I started doing my own oil changes (65k miles or so) I've been using Mobil 1.

edited to add: I always change my oil when the oil % gets to zero. I've never done it based on mileage.
Which model year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts