What kind of PowerSlot rotors to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What it feels like is also what it's all about too, so none of us can discredit that! I'm going to need to seriously overhaul my brakes before I start using this thing to tow.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question. is the brake caliper replacement to 3/4 instead of keeping the original size but with upgraded brand make a difference? hope it isnt confusing.

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did those ATE premium rotors do for ya?

Actually, I have noticed one minor difference. And I don't know if it's the rotor's or the Hawk pads because both have slots in them.
When I have to brake long and hard to a red traffic light at the bottom of a long hill from 110kph, I can feel a hear a fast thump, thump, thump noise. I can't feel it in the brake pedal, but I can hear it sometimes. I think that it's the slots in the pads hitting the slots in the rotors? IDK. It doesn't bother me any, it's just different from stock, that's all.

Otherwise, no complaints at all. I'm very happy now. Might try that hydroboost mod in the spring too. AtomicHoe can go first.:)

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

question. is the brake caliper replacement to 3/4 instead of keeping the original size but with upgraded brand make a difference? hope it isnt confusing.

I think that your asking;
Instead of upgrading to a 3/4ton caliper, if there is a better brand of 1/2ton caliper to buy that will give better braking?

That's a good question. I don't know the answer. Hopefully someone here does and can chime in.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
www.ssbrakes.com has some options to choose from depending or your vehicle. I have seen 2-piston calipers for the front if it is a 4wd or 4-piston if it is 2wd. If you have stock rear disc you can get a 3-piston if not then you can upgrade to rear disc. Use there application finder to find you options.

OP
OP
99Yuk

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday, the shop finally didn't have enough paying customers to fill up every single bay, so I got my truck in to install the SS brake lines, and bleed all four corners properly with the Blue ATE stuff.

Two apprentices swapped/installed the SS lines. One brake line on the rear axle had to be replaced as it was too crusty as well as one wheel cylinder. They used the air powered brake line bleeder to suck out the fluid until they saw it turn blue at the corners, they bleed all four corners starting from the furthest wheel. They also cycled the ABS pump.
So I got to drive last night and this morning. And I have to say....

I can't tell the difference.

It brakes just as well as when I installed the new Hawk pads. In short, the Russell (Edelbrock) Stainless Steel braided lines appears to be a waste of money. Save your $$ and buy Hawks pads and 3/4ton calipers on any old rotors.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211