What is leather, what is vinyl?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsntth

Reaction score
On my 2016 Sub LT Z71, I know the seating surfaces in the front, where human body parts make contact with the seats, is leather, and everything else is vinyl. Is this true for the 2nd row seats too? The brochure just mentions "leather" in the front seats.

I'm also almost 100% sure that the middle seat in the second row bench is all vinyl (cheap bastards), and the entire third row is vinyl. Can anyone confirm?

The reasons I ask is that I am fanatical about keeping things clean and maintained, which is always a challenge with three boys under 15, surf trips and regular drives around the cattle ranch. I've been using Griots "3 in1" leather treatment, as the Suburban has the most plasticy leather I have experienced, and it seems to work well. But I'm wondering if I should just use something like Griot's Interior Detailer for all of the vinyl bits. Thoughts?

No I do not work for Griot's......

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to what is leather versus vinyl in the truck but I have been using the Griot's Interior Detail spray for all the surfaces in my Tahoe and it has worked just fine.

OP
OP
bgsntth

bgsntth

Reaction score
Thanks Gentleman. I typically use Wolfgang's Leather Cleaner on the truck's leather and Griot's Interior Cleaner on everything else, and follow with the 3 in 1 on the Leather and Interior Detailer on everything else. The Range get's Wolfgang's Leather Conditioner, however. The Wolfgang's is wasted on the Suburban, as it will just sit on top of it for days; whereas, the Range's "oxford leather" sucks it up in an hour so.

Going forward, I'm going to assume that the only leather is on the front seat surfaces and the steering wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM