What hose is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Leaking pretty bad. Goes into the passenger side valve cover. Antifreeze..

Thank you!

Hose.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case you need a part number to cross-reference...

4989d733ee93e3d71c976514c76aedd1.jpg

They make two lengths for these, one 800 something mm and one around 1000 mm. The short ones are for the SUVs that connect the hose to the water valve (which yours probably does) with the longer ones being for pickups where the hose connected directly to the heater core port at the firewall.

If you get the longer one, just trim it to fit.

The hose connects to a fitting in the intake. There is a clip that you squeeze to disconnect the hose. The clip will probably break, but a parts store will have extras. You should replace it regardless.

5ffd60b4c358d3e060088f526a7ce22e.jpg

Some people delete the fitting entirely as it is prone to breaking off in the intake if you look at it wrong while removing it. In your case, if it is not leaking at the threads at the intake and, instead, is leaking at the crimp on the hose, I would just replace the hose and retaining clip and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
In case you need a part number to cross-reference...

4989d733ee93e3d71c976514c76aedd1.jpg

They make two lengths for these, one 800 something mm and one around 1000 mm. The short ones are for the SUVs that connect the hose to the water valve (which yours probably does) with the longer ones being for pickups where the hose connected directly to the heater core port at the firewall.

If you get the longer one, just trim it to fit.

The hose connects to a fitting in the intake. There is a clip that you squeeze to disconnect the hose. The clip will probably break, but a parts store will have extras. You should replace it regardless.

5ffd60b4c358d3e060088f526a7ce22e.jpg

Some people delete the fitting entirely as it is prone to breaking off in the intake if you look at it wrong while removing it. In your case, if it is not leaking at the threads at the intake and, instead, is leaking at the crimp on the hose, I would just replace the hose and retaining clip and call it a day.

I’m gonna my to try that.. but the washer isn’t reseating into the quick connect. I bought another one just in case I have to try and take it out but I do t have a socket big enough. Is that a 27mm if I have to remove?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don’t remember if there was a second washer that the end of the hose fitting rests on inside the connector, but there is one that slides onto the hose fitting and the whole thing goes into the connector.

Not sure about the socket size.

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
I don’t remember if there was a second washer that the end of the hose fitting rests on inside the connector, but there is one that slides onto the hose fitting and the whole thing goes into the connector.

Not sure about the socket size.

So I think I got it going- the video was a good reference. Thanks!

I put it back together and fill it with antifreeze, and it starts to leak out. I'm like.. I know I put the drain plug in... And I did.

It's still leaking out. So I'm looking and I can't find anything. I take the radiator out and see a small drain tube underneath the plug that's leaking. I can't find for the life of me any type of cap or plug for this thing.

What do I need to get? Any ideas?IMG_1621.jpg

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
You need a new drain plug. That tube you mentioned is where the coolant drains out of when you release the drain plug.

Dormant part 61133

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
You need a new drain plug. That tube you mentioned is where the coolant drains out of when you release the drain plug.

Dormant part 61133
Thanks!

I picked it up. Good info, but I bought a spectra radiator. No idea what will fit..I’m sending it back on amazon. Only like three weeks old!

I’ll get a oem radiator. Last time I buy something on reviews only..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnQSmith