What does the blue connection do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still doing it even after amp adapter was connected. Does not do it with stock head unit. It’s not something I can live with so I’ll call around Monday for answers
are you using the factory wiring and amp? or did you add a aftermarket amp, etc.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory amp, I am just trying to do as plug n play install as possible so everything I bought just plugs right in. I used the maestro RR with the iDatalink HRN-HRR-GM2, iDatalink HRN-AV-GM2 and iDatalink ACC-HU-KEN1 (adapts the harness so it plugs right into the kenwood)

There's an AMP adapter it comes with to use with factory amp, I made sure that's connected.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory amp, I am just trying to do as plug n play install as possible so everything I bought just plugs right in. I used the maestro RR with the iDatalink HRN-HRR-GM2, iDatalink HRN-AV-GM2 and iDatalink ACC-HU-KEN1 (adapts the harness so it plugs right into the kenwood)

There's an AMP adapter it comes with to use with factory amp, I made sure that's connected.
usually that kind of noise is ground related, try running a seperate thicker gauge ground wire from the radio & module to the body somewhere
also double check your work make sure no bare wire is touching another wire or any metal surface.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once you have done the above and if the noise persist's try reaching out to idatalink and see what they say. It's possible they may have alternative firmware to try and see if it is related. or they may have other solutions.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am thinking of just aborting mission. The Roku stick has all kinds of interference going through the a/v converter. It displays but you hear a constant audio noise in addition to the content that is playing

I am using an hdmi to a/v converter but perhaps the one I got is just crappy

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay got this resolved. USB power isn’t enough for the Roku stick in the car. It’s coming through perfect now

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to idatalink. The voltage reducer is not reducing the output enough and since I just have an SLT and not a Denali the amp gain cannot be adjusted.

He said the only other thing I can try is manually splicing the wires into RCA front and rear

So I’d have to cut the plug and play harness. Worth a shot before I return all of it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disable the ANC and it will sound better as well, it's possible you might be getting feedback from the anc already

also the headunit does not have a gain adjustment in the settings?

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I can see there's no way to adjust the gain through the software

I'll play with the ANC and see what that does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member