What do you think of this creampuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look all the time but the vast majority, over 95%, have more miles than mine. The reason I was drawn to this one is that it has a clean car fax, great paint, low miles and the seller has all the paperwork from both previous owners that show all mechanical repairs and maintenance's done besides LOF's. Plus he was willing to let me swap my rims and tires. Since I live where I work I only put almost 4k miles a year on my rig. If I decide to paint mine it is going to cost me between $4k and $5k for it or cheapo it at MAACO. Decisions decisions...............
Hey, I had my 79 Monte Carlo painted at maaco in 1988.... still looked good in 96 when I sold it.... and it sat for 3 years under a tree.... don’t knock maaco....lol

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Right now I just have to wait and see if the guy that was waiting on a loan and got approved, makes the trade in deal or buys outright and see if they agree on price. If they can't come to an agreement, the guy will call me and I will go see it on Sunday. Friend going with me in case I keep mine and buy that one.

Plus, I am 67 and soon to be 68. I don't put that many miles on a rig each year because I live where I work. It will probably be a MAACO job anyway. My friend is a dealer and knows them and will help negotiate with them for the dealer price.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I saw that too. $40k was a bunch back then. The color scheme is supposed to be a rare one and it came from the factory off road skid plate package, like a Z71 but is an LT. Load leveling shocks> I did not know that was a thing on an 02 LT package.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Last night the guy told me his bottom dollar for that rig is $9500. I had a good laugh and told him no way. I told him what KBB said and he said he goes off of carfax values and not KBB. He said it is a rare unicorn and worth it. I told him, "Not to me it isn't".

This is the copy of the email he sent me:

"Ron, I really don’t use KBB to price my vehicles. I use CARFAX value which is $9400 on the Tahoe. Plus with my expenses $1250 to get the vehicle ready to sell.
I need to be at $9500 to roll it.
It’s a unicorn and worth the money."

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Last night the guy told me his bottom dollar for that rig is $9500. I had a good laugh and told him no way. I told him what KBB said and he said he goes off of carfax values and not KBB. He said it is a rare unicorn and worth it. I told him, "Not to me it isn't". If you get it, good for you but if you can walk away I commend you!

This is the copy of the email he sent me:

"Ron, I really don’t use KBB to price my vehicles. I use CARFAX value which is $9400 on the Tahoe. Plus with my expenses $1250 to get the vehicle ready to sell.
I need to be at $9500 to roll it.
It’s a unicorn and worth the money."
These dealers kill me with their greed. He probably gave the trade in value--TOPS--$2500-$3000. Doesn't matter what state you're in---To them your trade ins are worth nothing, but their cars are "Rare", "Unique", "One of a kind" blah, blah, blah. Seen it my whole adult life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is only the paint scheme, the $95 factory skid plate kit and the low 116k miles of that rig that make it unique for a 2002 Tahoe. My driver's seat looks like new compared to his cracked leather driver's seat. Hell, my barn doors on mine are more unique than the skid plate kit. I once bought Bilstein shocks and skid plates and made a 1/2 ton K1500 pickup in to a Z71 truck at that time. I saw the opening price of $9900 and knew that had to come way down. With the 116k miles on it, I knew that the "pay him half of that" recommendations here from some members was not realistic, especially with the great condition of the rig overall but paying $9500 for this rig is just out of bounds. I think the guy getting his loan approval was a ******** story and the seller will get back with me with a counter offer eventually, especially after I emailed him last night and said no way on his price.

If anyone recalls, the same thing happened when I was negotiating for that 2007 Tahoe with the local seller here. Silence from me moving forward may or may not make him jump. I shall see.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious why you like the 00-02 style better? The one thing I absolutely hate about the 00-02 is the seats... They are the ugliest seats I've seen in any vehicle. I also can't stand the square 'message center' in the gauge cluster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42

Latest posts