what do you guys think about yellow top battey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon20s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wzup everybody newbie here first time posting ok i have a 02 yukon with 4.8L v8 and i have had for it for 1 1/2 years now and my battery is going out and i was thinking about buying a yellow top battery but i am kind of suspicious about them and heard the stories about them so not shure i should get one need some advice if i should get one oh yeah i am running 2 12s 1 amp single din pioneer touchscreen radio,hids and a 13 inch flip down screen

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 up front in preparation of my system going in soon. They will be my main batteries with a big car audio battery in the back... I like the yellow tops, have always been a good battery. I work for a car audio shop and we use them quite a bit as the main battery for the vehicle....

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought the Red Top, Was having problems with the vehicle not starting if not driven for a few days, Red Top installed haven't had the problem since...I'm sure the Yellow Top is the same quality...

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
ive run the red top for years havent had any problems with it. They are good batteries imo.

Snipez

Reaction score
I've always considered them good batteries, have never let me down. Lots claim they aren't as good as they used to be though, I can't say that I find that true.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I personally went with Interstate's dual post battery - never had any issues with interstates.

I believe the one issue with the Yellow/Red tops is if they discharge fully. If I remember correctly, once they discharge fully, they no longer work. When i first doing research on them for my system build, that's the common thread that kept coming up.

Yukon-ya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2, 1 up front and the other in the back. Ones the main and the other runs "audio and my compressor. Havent had any issues, great batteries!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts