what can i tow with my tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorguy1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe with a 4.8 v8 I'm wanting to buy a camper and was wondering what can I tow with it?

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on your gears and drivetrain.
This is for a RWD automatic, which I'm guessing you have.

Gears - LBS
3.42 - 5,700
3.73 - 6,700

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4.8L would reduce your towing capacity compared to my 5.3 L, but you would be easily able to tow a Trailmanor ( www.trailmanor.com) I got the TM2720 because it is just 20' long in my driveway, but expands to 27' when set up. It looks like a tent trailer when towing, but has all hard sides and a full bathroom. I'm happy, my wife is happy with the bathroom, and my neighbours are happy that it's not obstructing their view.

OP
OP
O

outdoorguy1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 4.8L would reduce your towing capacity compared to my 5.3 L, but you would be easily able to tow a Trailmanor ( www.trailmanor.com) I got the TM2720 because it is just 20' long in my driveway, but expands to 27' when set up. It looks like a tent trailer when towing, but has all hard sides and a full bathroom. I'm happy, my wife is happy with the bathroom, and my neighbours are happy that it's not obstructing their view.
ok thanks I was wondering

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What larryjb mentioned makes a lot of sense, it's called wind drag, meaning you trap a lot of air between your hoe and the camper, the lower the better. We had a 37' motorhome for about 8 yrs, and I made sure we had one that had the slanted windshield rather than the flatnose like a bulldog, made a lot of difference @ 60mph, less wind resistance. The lighter the better. good luck
David g............;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn