What about this set up....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-ROCK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding what lift setup to get. What do you guys think about running 295/75/16 on stock rims with 2 to 3 inches of lift? I can always get new rims down the road if I need to. It will be on a 93 fullsize blazer that does not go off road.

I want to figure this out soon so i can get some used tires off craigs list. Hopefully by summer it will get a lift.

Thanks B-ROCK

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

I should mention Í do not want a body lift and am not a big fan of cutting sheet metal. The air damn is ok though.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should fit but i'd do a 3". when it comes time to replace the tires, replace them with 285s though...they're much cheaper, easier to find and there's not much difference between 285 and 295. good luck.

OP
OP
B

B-ROCK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was figuring that 285's can fit with no lift, so 295's would fit with a 2-3inch. I thought the bigger wider tire would look better. I'm not worried about the price of tires as i don't have a commute. So a set of tires will last me quite a few years. Does anyone have this set up?

The other option is to go with the rcx 6 inch kit and leave it un cranked and without the AAl. Should sit around 4inches or so. And then get some 315/75r16. And crank if needed.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if money isn't a factor...i'd do the 6" and avoid cranking altogether. the strain and stress put on the truck isn't worth the 2" you'd get from maxing out the crank. i kept my tires stock width...i'm not a fan of big fat tires but that's just me. good luck and i'm sure it'll look good no matter what you do.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like blizz said, most 6" kits are 4-5" of true drop in the brackets and then a t-bar crank to brin them the rest of the way. Not a bad route to go for 4" and a stock feeling ride. Figure with a 3 or 4" bloack out back nothing is really changing in the stiffness of the ride.

OP
OP
B

B-ROCK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the 2-3inch kit from RCX i'm assuming it lifts it 2 inches and your crank for the third....is this correct?

Also how big of a lift do i need to clear 315/75/16 with out rubbing. Can i leave the 6 inch kit un cranked ( 4") or will i have to crank some. I want to use my stock rims to start but will buy new rims eventually.

And while i''m at it .....how high to fit the 295/75/16 without rubbing.

Thanks as always

young_2010_chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 2-3inch kit from RCX i'm assuming it lifts it 2 inches and your crank for the third....is this correct?

Also how big of a lift do i need to clear 315/75/16 with out rubbing. Can i leave the 6 inch kit un cranked ( 4") or will i have to crank some. I want to use my stock rims to start but will buy new rims eventually.

And while i''m at it .....how high to fit the 295/75/16 without rubbing.

Thanks as always

go with a fabtec no crank from wat i hear

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most everyone here is going to tell you that you are better off with a 6" because you will want it bigger later on.

If you think this is the case, then do so. If you want it high enough for 295/75R16 then 2-3" is enough. The main concern you need to be aware of is rubbing the frame at full tilt. I have 275/70R18 and with the lift (before cranking) they rubbed the frame, after cranking, they cleared.

If you are riding on factory wheels, the 295's are going to wear out fast and honestly fit like crap. You need a minimum 8" or 8.5" wheel for 295's. Your factory wheels are 7" wide and I guaranty you will rub the frame even with a lift unless you have wheels with a -offset or use wheelspacers (dont do this).

The lift height is up to you and we will give you input on what we all feel is the best lift, which almost everyone has a different opinion. FYI, Skyjacker is my opinion.

Here are a couple snapshots of mine with 2.5" front, 2" rear springs, and torsion crank with 275/70R18's
Its sits perfectly level (well, 1/8th of an inch difference from front to rear)

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

99chevytahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're right though, the 285's will fit with no lift. I have them on mine now, but if you were going to get a lift, I would go with a 305, and just go big enough for that. Cause like mentioned earlier the 295 isn't much bigger than a 285. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583