Water leaking from A pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Z71 Tahoe with a sunroof. After the rain we got last night, there was water on the floor board. It is leaking from the A pillar top bolt cover. Does anyone have a diagram of the drains so I can explore what is disconnected or busted? The attached picture is where the water was leaking from.

IMG_20180217_1119179.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as I know there is no drain there and the leak is quite possible coming from the front windshield seal, you can pop the small cover off take out the bolt and just pull down on the cover and it pops right off for a better view inside. any window repair shop can fix it-some are more pricier than other's shop around.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My 2000 Escalade had drains for the sun roof going down the A pillars. Not sure about the GMT900s.

Ksnell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All sunroofs drain down the pillars behind those pose. Have to pull the headliner down a little bit to see where it attaches to the tray of the sun roof. If u open the sunroof and look in the corners on driver and passenger side u will see the drain holes. Pour a little water in them and if it don’t leak out behind the driver tire immediately then they are stopped up with grim and mold.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All sunroofs drain down the pillars behind those pose. Have to pull the headliner down a little bit to see where it attaches to the tray of the sun roof. If u open the sunroof and look in the corners on driver and passenger side u will see the drain holes. Pour a little water in them and if it don’t leak out behind the driver tire immediately then they are stopped up with grim and mold.
If they are blocked, you can blow them out with air.

OP
OP
MCAT069

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THere are drains at your A-pillars. You can clear these with air and test with a cup of water

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could also be seeping in through the roof rack mounting hole.. I've had a customer with that problem before

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same issue. Drain hose that connects to sunroof was disconnected. It can shrink over time and pop off. You can add some type of rubber hose fitment to reconnect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e