Viper 5906V Trunk trigger issue with DBALL2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05DenaliBeast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay just wanted to let people know that I had came across a weird issue with my newly installed Viper alarm with my 05 Yukon Denali XL, I was using a Viper 5906V with DBALL2 module from Directed Electronics AKA Viper.

My issues consisted of trunk trigger sensor false alarms, basically when I got out of the vehicle hit the lock button and started to walk away within 30 seconds the alarm would go off and I would have to hit the lock button to tell it to shut off the alarm. It didn't matter what I was doing in a sequence (turning the key off and on, hitting the unlock or lock buttons on the door or slamming the tailgate hatch) to try to get it to quit doing it, also what sucked as well was I had a Edge Products CTS Evolution 85250 gas programmer it was also causing a hard core lag in the interface system and would crash the programmer multiple times and I had to remove it in fear that it would damage my programmer.

I was disappointed that I had spent so much money on this Viper system to protect my investment that I looked across multiple forums, I even talked to the installer at Best Buy and he had no idea what was going on. I finally figured it out the problem from a forum that had a experienced Viper installer and that Viper themselves admitted that the DBALL2 module would not work for my application even though their website said it was a perfect match.

So I had the Best Buy installer call viper and they told us that the idatalink ALCA module would be a better fit for the alarm as the DBALL2 would not work correctly, at that point I ordered the ALCA module from amazon, then took it in yesterday to have it installed and guess what I can now use the programmer and the alarm no longer gives me false triggers and unlocks the doors like before ( Press Once Driver Door Unlock, Press Twice All Doors Unlock) when I had my original key fob.

I'm now ecstatic that I can now drive my vehicle someplace, park it and walk away without it going off within 30 seconds not to mention I think my neighbors will be happy finally as well.

Anyways I wanted to share my experience in case someone else was having a similar issue and tell them what it took to get it resolved

idatalink ALCA Remote start and databus Interfuse
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001983S0Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it figured out. Sounds like it was frustrating for that little bit of time with the wrong module. This is why forums are so helpful.
I've enjoyed my Viper for the last seven years.

OP
OP
05DenaliBeast

05DenaliBeast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it was an PITA for sure lol, especially since my wife bought the alarm for me as a gift on eBay for Christmas and it was brand new never opened; however, I feared the worse case scenario that I was going to have to buy another unit with install again. I'm glad it all worked out though in the end and now I can start investing in getting the vehicle the way I want it to be. I plan on taking the vehicle to get the roof all done in a gray suede, probably AVIC-8201NEX and some other neat goodies I will share when I get them done and I eventually want to get the entire vehicle repainted, I'm just not sure if I want to keep it all white or repaint it all jet black.

OP
OP
05DenaliBeast

05DenaliBeast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so thought I would come back and share my whole experience thus far. The new ALCA module didn't help, it all came down to the tilt sensor because it's tied into the trunk trigger once it was disconnected I no longer had any issues with false trunk trigger. So if your system is likely having issues it's because of the tilt sensor. I have not changed it out to see if it was a bad sensor and if I do buy one I will change it out and let everyone know; however, it's not on my list of priorities to get done as of right now. I Hope this information helps someone else that might have issues, pulling their hair out trying to figure out WTF is going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas