Using SIRI commands on Iphone when connected to USB in console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtpatter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to be able to use the SIRI commancs on your Iphone once you plug it into the USB port. I have a 2013 Tahoe. Once I plug the phone in I can scroll to find songs on the drivers screen but I can't tell SIRI to find the song using my iphone. The car simply comes back and says call ended even though I'm mashing the button on the iphone itself to activiate SIRI it just wont play the song. If I just use the 3.5mm jack it seems to work ok since the car doesn't take control of the phone then but I would like to use the USB if possible.

Thanks

babamerino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to be able to use the SIRI commancs on your Iphone once you plug it into the USB port. I have a 2013 Tahoe. Once I plug the phone in I can scroll to find songs on the drivers screen but I can't tell SIRI to find the song using my iphone. The car simply comes back and says call ended even though I'm mashing the button on the iphone itself to activiate SIRI it just wont play the song. If I just use the 3.5mm jack it seems to work ok since the car doesn't take control of the phone then but I would like to use the USB if possible.

Thanks

If you hold down the button to talk to SIRI on your phone (like you normally do) Her voice will come through the speakers and then you can talk to her!!!

:Handshake:

OP
OP
R

rtpatter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not that I can't talk to Siri its simply the song i ask her to play wont play. I have to scroll thru the car menu screen to get the song to play. If I tell Siri to play the song it finds the song then the cars voice comes back and says call ended and the song is never played

OP
OP
R

rtpatter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it figured out. Have to wait a minute after hitting the button for Siri to allow it to connect to Bluetooth then speak command and song will play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts