Using LED's in the headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't mean AS headlights, but the other lights such as parking, turn, and DRL. Does any modification have to be done to these for them to work properly?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Have them in the DRLs, parking lights and side markers, shortly said, resistors are needed :)

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all bulbs in LED and yes, resistors for turn signals, front and rear. Everything else is fine, inside or out.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to add a resistor? Never done that before.

flawless06tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought some LED lights for my running lights and they have built in resistors. Work great I wired them up so they are on all the time. With headlights on or off.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to add a resistor? Never done that before.

Up front it's a huge pain in the ass, the headlights pretty much have to come out completely. Mine are mounted to the installation plate that V-LED's offers, then bolted to the core support behind the lights so they aren't just dangling by the wires or tie wrapped to the wiring loom. This also helps dissipate the heat. The rears are really easy, only 2 screws holding the whole light in and then you have plenty of access to the loom and anywhere you might want to mount the resistor.