USB Port Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot seem to find the max current output of the USB ports. Does anyone know? Typically, like on a computer, they are 500ma max, but I was wondering if they upped the output for charging the larger smart phones (like a high output wall wart).

Bardog

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find the max current output of the USB ports. Does anyone know? Typically, like on a computer, they are 500ma max, but I was wondering if they upped the output for charging the larger smart phones (like a high output wall wart).

It would be nice to have an answer to this. Some USB power cords for Amazon Fire Sticks, for example, need a 3.0 USB port, or one with at least 5V/1A power. Does the USB port on the back of a 2015/2016 center console with Rear Seat Entertainment option have this kind of power?

Also, is there an ALWAYS-ON USB in these 2015/2016 model Yukons/Yukon XLs?

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not found one that is always "on."

I have since purchased a usb voltmeter/ammeter. I have seen my current go up to near 1 amp, but not over that. That may be its limit.

vballrican

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It would be nice to have an answer to this. Some USB power cords for Amazon Fire Sticks, for example, need a 3.0 USB port, or one with at least 5V/1A power. Does the USB port on the back of a 2015/2016 center console with Rear Seat Entertainment option have this kind of power?

Also, is there an ALWAYS-ON USB in these 2015/2016 model Yukons/Yukon XLs?

My 2015 Tahoe LTZ has an always on USB on the back near the 3rd row seats... none of my other USB's do that... :( Is that a glitch or do i need a repair?

OP
OP
dbbd1

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe LTZ has an always on USB on the back near the 3rd row seats... none of my other USB's do that... :( Is that a glitch or do i need a repair?

Not familiar with the 'Hoe, as I have a Yukon. My Yukon does not have a USB port there but it does have a power port there that is always on. I assume that yours is fine.

Bardog

Reaction score
Answer to my own question :chewie::

There is an "ALWAYS-ON" USB port on the back of the center console, in the 2016 Yukon Denali.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer to my own question :chewie::

There is an "ALWAYS-ON" USB port on the back of the center console, in the 2016 Yukon Denali.
No more ‘always on’ for the front ones? In my ‘13 the 2 fronts, and all rears for that matter, are always on.

Bardog

Reaction score
No more ‘always on’ for the front ones? In my ‘13 the 2 fronts, and all rears for that matter, are always on.

It surprises me, too. But it seems so.

Does anyone else know differently, or would anyone like to test their USB ports without their truck turned on? I tested my iPhone in all the USB ports and only got power on the back of the console while the truck was off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts