USB Port not charging, but plays audio from iPhone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott6760

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2013 Tahoe LT with the luxury package. It has nav, rear entertainment, and Bose audio. There is a USB port in the center console, and if I connect my iPhone to this port it will play music from the phone but it won't charge it. The phone lights up like it's charging, but the battery percentage actually drains MUCH faster than if the phone was just unplugged. The phone was also getting hot when connected. I was streaming music from the Pandora app, but I do this all the time at the gym and the phone never gets hot. Is something wrong with my outlet or is this normal?

Thanks for the help.

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, when I connect mine it charges, but also creates a lot of radio static

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most factory and aftermarket navs put out only 0.5 amps or 2.5 Watts of current and the standard iPhone requires 1.0 amps 5 Watts your phones using more current then its being supplied.

notboating

Reaction score
I have 2 factory USB jacks in my 2011 LTZ. They both charge my 6s and one of them allows me to play my phone through the stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217