Upgrading Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to get dual exhaust for my tahoe and give it a deeper sound. Whats the best way of going about doing that?

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that magnaflow still packs there mufflers so over time the packing falls out and you're left with a less than choice sound vs the flowmaster which is pretty much what you buy is what you'll always have

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mufflers and exhaust is all personal opinion. Whatever sounds best to you, is totally up to you. Hit up youtube if you need help figuring out what you like

If I can find it, I'll post a video of my Tahoe's exhaust. I had a flowmaster 44 on it.

Last edited:

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could look into Borla and Gibson exhausts too. Not too many people know about them, but they're really nice as well. I personally think the bola's sound really good.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could look into Borla and Gibson exhausts too. Not too many people know about them, but they're really nice as well. I personally think the bola's sound really good.

Ive always liked the way borla sounds on a chevy small block

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that magnaflow still packs there mufflers so over time the packing falls out and you're left with a less than choice sound vs the flowmaster which is pretty much what you buy is what you'll always have

I have to disagree. I have used Magnaflow for 7 years now same mufflers on two vehicles. No change in tone at all from what I have noticed, on both vehicles.

Flowmasters are ok, but mine rusted out in less than 6 months. Not too fond of the drone they are famous for either. You could always grab a SS model but, you'll still have the drone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84