Upgrade suburban LT headlights to LTZ version headlights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LT OEM headlights are a drag, but this seems like it would be a brutally expensive way to address the issue.

I just dropped a set of Sylvania Silverstar zXe bulbs into mine. $40 and 20 minutes, most of which time is spent dealing with the air filter cover. Frankly, the improvement is pronounced enough to make the LT headlights no longer an issue. People tell me these bulbs don't last more than 18 months on average, but it's such an easy and inexpensive solution that I'd recommend you at least try it before you go crazy.

Even then, there are LED headlamp options and HID conversion kits that would be far less expensive than buying the actual LTZ headlight assembly.

Angel87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LT OEM headlights are a drag, but this seems like it would be a brutally expensive way to address the issue.

I just dropped a set of Sylvania Silverstar zXe bulbs into mine. $40 and 20 minutes, most of which time is spent dealing with the air filter cover. Frankly, the improvement is pronounced enough to make the LT headlights no longer an issue. People tell me these bulbs don't last more than 18 months on average, but it's such an easy and inexpensive solution that I'd recommend you at least try it before you go crazy.

Even then, there are LED headlamp options and HID conversion kits that would be far less expensive than buying the actual LTZ headlight assembly.
Can you show pics of your lights?

OP
OP
E

eanthonyc71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did install the LTZ headlights on my LT but i made it work as LT couldnt make them work as LTZ, a friend told me that I need the module for the LTZ to change the daylight

Broham

Reaction score
I did install the LTZ headlights on my LT but i made it work as LT couldnt make them work as LTZ, a friend told me that I need the module for the LTZ to change the daylight
I'm assuming the DRLs are noticeably brighter. How do the low beams compare being they're now HID? Have any before and after shots?

Also, was there much to the install going from non HID set up to an HID set up?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec