Upgrade basic 2013 radio to nav/DVD unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to do the same thing, swap an 07 nav from my sierra to my 07 bose but non-nav yukon, also looking to add an oem backup camera to the oem nav that i put in the yukon, i think i have the head unit part figured out as fair as adapters and unlocking, but not sure on connecting the oem backup camera.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Gonna have to have the backup camera feature enabled when it's programmed to your VIN, then you can turn it on or off as you wish in the Display menu. The connector that you'll need that has the wire to tap into the VSS harness also has the camera input. It's an RCA plug so you can use an aftermarket camera and simply plug it in. I don't recall which brands or models specifically are best, but I do recall reading that there are a few aftermarket cameras that are superior to the OEM camera and they're cheaper.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Gonna have to have the backup camera feature enabled when it's programmed to your VIN, then you can turn it on or off as you wish in the Display menu. The connector that you'll need that has the wire to tap into the VSS harness also has the camera input. It's an RCA plug so you can use an aftermarket camera and simply plug it in. I don't recall which brands or models specifically are best, but I do recall reading that there are a few aftermarket cameras that are superior to the OEM camera and they're cheaper.
I was planning on getting the rear chrome esky appliqué with the backup camera, thats why i was going to use an OEM camera. Is there somewhere in the rear to connect it after i have the head unit programmed to VIN and for the camera?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on getting the rear chrome esky appliqué with the backup camera, thats why i was going to use an OEM camera. Is there somewhere in the rear to connect it after i have the head unit programmed to VIN and for the camera?

You may or may not have the wiring already in place for the OEM camera. You'll find out when you have the panel off to install that applique. If not, I recommend getting an aftermarket camera that looks similar and will mount in the same place as the OEM one and run the wire up to the head unit.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 separate pieces tho... not sure if you're thinking that the appliqué has the camera in it because it's under the appliqué that has the camera in it so you could put on any camera you want that fits but you don't need the camera off the Cadillac if im not mistaken

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
2 separate pieces tho... not sure if you're thinking that the appliqué has the camera in it because it's under the appliqué that has the camera in it so you could put on any camera you want that fits but you don't need the camera off the Cadillac if im not mistaken
The appliqué i was looking into has the camera with it, thats the only reason i was going to use that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019