Upgrade basic 2013 radio to nav/DVD unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverIceLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Suburban w/ factory Bose system but I have the basic am/fm radio. I recently bought a factory unit with navigation and DVD features. I connected it to my stereo and it shows a theft lock on it. Is there a way for me to bypass this? Also what all do i need to make this a fully functioning unit? Part # for the new headunit is GM 25797978.

*Update*
I called a local chevy dealer and they said they could try to unlock the headunit for $165 but that it was not guaranteed to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
S

SilverIceLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Austell, GA.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend sending it to Greg at CPS A/V in California. For $100, he'll program it to your truck's VIN and it's pretty much guaranteed to work. I'd go this route over risking $165 at the dealer or any other shop that can't guarantee it to work. Some require extra equipment and knowledge than just a TechII. I've read horror stories where head units were bricked from shops and even dealers that didn't know what they were doing. Greg will also warn you about the potential problems of having a unit with a DVD player but no rear seat entertainment (roof-mounted monitor) system. He also has GPS antennas for the nav to work. I bought an aftermarket one off eBay for my conversion and it works fine. You may also need the plug that has the wire to tap into the speed sensor circuit, but I don't know for sure on your year model. My '08 needed it and I got it from member @fiatdale . Dale and/or Greg may also be able to offer more info specific to your year model and setup.

OP
OP
S

SilverIceLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to get it done locally but will keep him in mind as a last resort. Do you have contact info for him?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Im looking to do the same thing, swap an 07 nav from my sierra to my 07 bose but non-nav yukon, also looking to add an oem backup camera to the oem nav that i put in the yukon, i think i have the head unit part figured out as fair as adapters and unlocking, but not sure on connecting the oem backup camera.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother