Upgrade '16 Denali to HDMI input from '17 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skunkjunk420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But will it work? I would hate to
trade in on a 17 just for hdmi BUT i would if theres no way to make them work on my 15

adcmobile

Reaction score
It seems like it would be a WHOLE lot easier and cheaper to add the HDMI/camera module than to buy a new truck!

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like it would be a WHOLE lot easier and cheaper to add the HDMI/camera module than to buy a new truck!

But it doesn't work for the Escalade.
I added a few links to similar products that add HDMI and camera inputs but you need to run a cable to the aux audio input.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17' Escalade does cell phone mirroring for media. The dealership also said there's an App Store or ones coming for the CUE system. Wondering if that's all from the HMI also.

salman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

damitchell

Reaction score
edit/removed/didn't read entire thread/.....sorry... lol

Last edited:

damitchell

Reaction score
Would someone mind breaking down the step by step on removing the module from the center console of the 2016 Yukon Denali? I want to try and add an internal USB port to run into the storage area. I have formatted a 1TB drive for storage of movies that play great on the rear overhead screen.. just don't want the drive and cord hanging out from the panel... snag waiting to happen....

Anyone?

Thanks much!

IamZ

Reaction score
Would someone mind breaking down the step by step on removing the module from the center console of the 2016 Yukon Denali? I want to try and add an internal USB port to run into the storage area. I have formatted a 1TB drive for storage of movies that play great on the rear overhead screen.. just don't want the drive and cord hanging out from the panel... snag waiting to happen....

Anyone?

Thanks much!

Not quite 1TB but here's how I did it...

damitchell

Reaction score
Thanks Lamz...yea I thought about that as well... it shouldnt be that hard to add in another usb port. perhaps if the new hdmi board works in my 2016 and has the extta micro usbs that wld work even better.. for now just need guidance on getting to that board...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick