Upgrade '16 Denali to HDMI input from '17 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott6760

Reaction score
I just bought a '16 Denali and was surprised that it still had a composite video input. Then I saw online that the '17s are finally coming with HDMI. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the input on the '16 model without replacing the entire head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 16 as well looks like you can just buy that piece and swap it out most likely

OP
OP
scott6760

scott6760

Reaction score
i have a 16 as well looks like you can just buy that piece and swap it out most likely

I'm sure the parts would physically swap. But I think you would need to convert the digital signal from the HDMI to an analog signal that the head unit can decipher. I'm not sure if this is converted at the console input, or if it's a different head unit that accepts the digital input.

I guess I'm hoping somebody else wants to step up and be the guinea pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im prob going to buy one once the parts become available the back of mine now is converted to a usb port connection so i wouldnt be surprised if its the same for the 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons