Unlevel from side to side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NEVR L8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just finished putting the 2.5 TGC level kit on my 2011 Avalanche. It was 1/4" higher on the passeger side before the level now its 1/2" higher passenger side after the level kit. Everything is installed correctly. I'm wondering if the alignment was out before the level and now the level is just making the isssue worse? Do you think the alignment has anything to do with it at all??

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is because of the infamous GM lean bc of where the gas tank is on the driver side, causes it to be slightly lower... just a guess.

I am getting my TGC 2.5 put on tomorrow i'll report my heights.

OP
OP
N

NEVR L8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool thanks. Measure before also. Like I said mine was 1/4 off before the level.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea pretty sure it's bc of the gas tank location. Getting it done at 7:30am tomorrow so will def report back with pics and measurements.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U need to align it after the lift no matter what. i've had a leveling kit and now a lift, and the passenger side has always been higher... its gotta be the gas tank... a gallon weighs 8lbs, so 8 x 26 = 208lbs...

1 way to be sure... measure it on empty

OP
OP
N

NEVR L8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
U need to align it after the lift no matter what. i've had a leveling kit and now a lift, and the passenger side has always been higher... its gotta be the gas tank... a gallon weighs 8lbs, so 8 x 26 = 208lbs...

Yea, It will definately get an alignment, i was just wondering if it could be the alignment making it off a bit. It sounds like tho it's common and related to the gas tank so I won't worry about it anymore. Thanks for the reply. I'm getting my wheels and tires installed tomorrow then I will have an alignment done. I have'nt driven it since I leveled it because i knew it needed one.

By the way your Tahoe looks perfect! I will most likely do the same lift a little later. I don't want to go any higher for a daily driver, besides I think yours looks great!

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score

Plus the driver in the left seat. That could be anywhere from 100 lbs to Marcus size of 400 lbs in his Yukon. :rotflmao:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my TGC 2.5" front leveling kit put on and I have a bad case of the cali lean. I'll take measurements tomorrow for ya. Is your Avy an LTZ w/ AutoRide? I hear those are slightly lower in the rear which is why mine looks like crap until I put in a 1.5" rear spacer to raise the rear a little bit and level it out....

OP
OP
N

NEVR L8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Avy is a LT, no autoride. I still put a 1.5 coil spacer in the rear. Sits perfect. Maybe 1/2" higher in rear. Ill post some pics in a new thread a little later.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm doing the same thing this weekend. Just ordered my 1.5" rear spacer yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n