Unhooked Battery, now it won't start- Please help! *SOLVED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then disconnect the battery cables, leave them off, go put the key in the ignition and turn it to start a couple times, flip the headlight switch a couples times and step on the brake pedal a couple times, then hook the cables back up and try again.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
If the battery terminals are the only other connection you messed with, disconnect em for a few and re connect. When you put the negative terminal on do it quickly without moving it too much causing it to turn the car on and off quickly. The computers don’t like it much.

Can’t say it’s your issue for sure but I’ve had similar problems after disconnecting the battery for service.

2 people posted while I was typing this... at least it’s still active here.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the engine lockout light be lit on the cluster if the theft system locked me out? The lockout light isn't on.
I have no idea. I assume there was no alarm, so maybe that lamp request wasn’t set.

A generic ODB reader won’t get the body codes or be able to program the lift gate control module (if that needs to be programmed).

Where do you live?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if that doesn't work then bang on the top of the underhood fuse box a few times and see if anything changes.
if it was just the security system glitching the door locks should still work, so that tells me you may have a bad connection somewhere, you might have to start checking other grounds.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I assume there was no alarm, so maybe that lamp request wasn’t set.

A generic ODB reader won’t get the body codes or be able to program the lift gate control module (if that needs to be programmed).

Where do you live?
liftgate module doesn't need programming

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
liftgate module doesn't need programming
Yeah, I am just going from the shop manual which discusses lift gate control module programming, I frankly haven’t even been in that part of the Tech 2, so have no idea what “programming it” means.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am just going from the shop manual which discusses lift gate control module programming, I frankly haven’t even been in that part of the Tech 2, so have no idea what “programming it” means.
they may be referring to adjusting the height/landing (I think) if it didn't work properly after replacing it

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and if that doesn't work then bang on the top of the underhood fuse box a few times and see if anything changes.
if it was just the security system glitching the door locks should still work, so that tells me you may have a bad connection somewhere, you might have to start checking other grounds.
I think when the theft deterrent system disables the truck, the power locks are disabled as well, at least that is the way I remember it. I have never had it happen to me, so am just going on what I have read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo