undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
none of those places around here, do they have any places in the USA?...

Sorry about the delay. I looked on thier site, and it appears not. I wonder why? The answer is probably yes, but under a different brand name. I don't know what that brand name would be though... Sorry.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Atomic, How do you spray the oil/grease mix?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I see 13 months a registered user and no posts...Let me be the first to say :welcome:.

To all the rest of the lurkers...Don't be shy! Come on out and say Hi!...In the general section..tell us about your rigs! :D

metaljunkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was my first post until I had posted it.:doh2: This place does have a lot good information. I usually just read and search around. I also have a pewter 99 Yukon SE.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Atomic, How do you spray the oil/grease mix?

umm i just mix the 2 together and use a brush. spraying tends to get dirty and flings all over the place. the brush worked the best on a lift.
If your into spraying it, you can use a PB blaster corrosion stop stuff they sell. it works good as well

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating on doing this, another project to the list lol.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I just finished my POR undercoat over the weekend. I did the entire underside in x2 coats...used almost the entire container.

If you get this stuff on your skin, it will take days to come off...use long sleeves and assume you are going to destroy whatever you wear!!!

It dries with a really nice finish, this stuff appears to really tough...and it makes the frame look so much better.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished my POR undercoat over the weekend. I did the entire underside in x2 coats...used almost the entire container.

If you get this stuff on your skin, it will take days to come off...use long sleeves and assume you are going to destroy whatever you wear!!!

It dries with a really nice finish, this stuff appears to really tough...and it makes the frame look so much better.

x2!!! exactly my experiences with it :) I think you'll be VERY happy with it :Handshake:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
so far it's really impressive stuff.

My A-arms look like they are factory new, trailer hitch looks great and the frame (slightly visible behind the nerf bars) looks factory new. I did however go under my truck with an air tool + wheel the week earlier, so the finish is a bit smoother then areas I simply put the paint over rough rust. I also prepped the entire frame with their prep chemical b/c they stated it helped with adhesion....and after how long it took me to do this, I loath the day I have to get back under there and paint; so any perk to keep this stuff lasting longer is big in my book.

I have no plans to sell my rig, but I know if I was buying another one and saw such a great looking frame, I would have to imagine the value goes up...no RUST!!

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I POR15'd the entire frame and the body of my Jeep, and it is mint after 4 years of driving it to hell and back.
I Krowne'd the Tahoe from the year i got it and i find that it has worked as well (though not as good as POR15). However, the POR15 was once only deal though the Krown is 120 bucks every year.