Ugh, did I screw up my transmission fixing a pan leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrhp

Reaction score
It is a bit odd that solenoid is that loose, but I would go ahead and reassemble. Make sure to fill with the proper fluid!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take a better look at that solenoid before I put everything back together myself. There should be a clip that holds it in place, it might be missing. Look for it in the pan. See attached diagram from alldatadiy for my 02 4l60. E6D3BD37-0AFA-4A17-8551-7D63A674675F.png

OP
OP
Z

Zeus3k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happy Ending! I am thinking the filter was the problem. Wow, what a relief! Upon putting everything back, the transmission works like normal again! Getting ready for a long drive to put it for another test. Thanks to all those who helped!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Ending! I am thinking the filter was the problem. Wow, what a relief! Upon putting everything back, the transmission works like normal again! Getting ready for a long drive to put it for another test. Thanks to all those who helped!
Yes, having the filter disconnected is like trying to drink out of a cup through a straw that doesn’t quite reach the drink. The same thing happens when guys put a regular non-deep filter into a deep pan. The pan normally keeps the filter from falling off but with the deep pan and normal filter there’s enough room under the filter for it to fall off. Glad it was a simple fix.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah vehicle isnt going anywhere with filter pulled out of its socket. Pump cant create enough suction to pull fluid out of pan. Hopefully you didnt burn the tranny up with it essentially being ran with "low" fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts