TYF calendar submissions for 2010 calendar year.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION TYF MEMBERS: Deadline has been extended to Sept 15th.

We are now accepting photo submissions for the 2010 TYF calendar. Submission threads will be located as a sticky in each generation. Deadline for submissions will be August 31st. Details such as pricing, layout, etc, will be posted soon.
Please adhere to the following guidelines in order to keep this as organized as possible:

Picture submission:
1. Members may submit up to a maximum of 3 photos to be voted on. You may go back and delete a photo if you have a different one you would like to submit. Once the deadline and voting starts, you will not be able to add/change photos.
2. Submit photos with your username and photo number (for multiple photos).
For example:
JKmotorsports #1
JKmotorsports #2
3. Photos need to be high resolution. Two megapixel minimum, four megapixel or greater digital is preferred for highest quality calendar.
4. After photo submission deadline, members will be allowed to vote for best pic in each generation to be used in the calendar.
5. Please note: The photo submission threads are for photos only, no comments. Any comments will be deleted. Any suggestions, comments, questions, etc. can be posted in this thread. This will help keep the threads uncluttered and make it easier when it comes time to vote.

Voting:
1. You may vote only once in each generation.
2. If you submitted a photo, you CAN NOT vote for your own.
3. The top 4 vehicles from each generation will be chosen for the calendar.
4. Photos will also be chosen based on composition as well to help make a high quality, professional looking calendar.

Once the winners are chosen, we will ask those members to submit up to three pictures that they would like to be used as smaller insets in the calendar for your corresponding month. These can be pics of your interior, engine, audio system, wheels, etc.

Photo shooting tips:
1. Pics should be high resolution for best calendar quality (2 Mb minimum).
2. 3/4 views are usually the best angles for vehicle photographs.
3. Try to avoid unsightly obstacles in the background such as utility poles.
4. Capture the entire vehicle within the frame.
5. Composition is important. Try using a background that will add character but won't detract from the vehicle.
6. Try to avoid parking where shadows from buildings, poles, etc will be cast across the vehicle.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I hope we can do the right, considering the mess it turned into at the TF!
I will submit pics after the car is cleaned.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did happen at TF?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did happen at TF?

Nothing that I know of? but it definitely died when the site when down...there were a lot of useless comments, other than that I dunno.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think mostly because the TF site went down and everything went downhill along with it after that.

02TahoeMD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, do we post a pic here in a thread, or email them to you? And, I use a Canon Digital Rebel, 6 MP, and I think the average pic size is around 1.5 MB....too small?

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, do we post a pic here in a thread, or email them to you? And, I use a Canon Digital Rebel, 6 MP, and I think the average pic size is around 1.5 MB....too small?

There is a sticky in each generation forum under the General Discussion section where you can post pics. You should be able to change the file settings (small, medium, large, and/or normal/fine) in your camera's menu depending on model. We'll have to blow up the images to the calendar's page size, and if the file is too small, the quality of the photo won't be any good; too pixelated.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wheres all the photo submissions?? I was already at our submission thread in general topic of our generation...no pics...has NO ONE submitted anything yet??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645