Two Speed transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Pee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at '15s, both Tahoes and Yukon SLTs. The Yukon offers a two-speed transfer case on the SLT and Denali when ordered with AWD and the trailering package. It's a rotary dial to the left of the steering wheel that lets you select auto awd, 2wd or 4wd hi and 4wd low.... I like this feature, but I can't tell if it is available on the Chevy?

powderbrake

Reaction score
I have a 15 Tahoe, 4 WD, and it does have the knob to select 2WD. Auto, 4WDH, 4WDL. My earlier Tahoes had this as well, but I must confess , I have never used AUTO. I normally drive in 2WD, and switch to 4WDH, when it is in snow or offroad.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto basically detects wheel spin and engages the transfer case but without locking the hubs for those of you who have owned 4x4s with manual locking hubs its like putting it in 4hi with out getting out and locking yer hubs

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

i like to call it soccer mom mode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOBBYQ