Two detailing questions, please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two quick questions for you, first off I have been using numerous tire shine products for nearly 20 years but since buying the last two trucks (both GMT900's) and have never been so aggravated! I had a Denali and it was so bad I stopped using it completely!!! Now I got an Esky with stock 22's and its not as bad but its still bad. WTF?? I am starting to see more and more NNBS's with molded mud guards/flaps but imo they look like crap!

So my question is what is the best tire shine product with zero sling? I would much rather give up some shine vs keeping it on the tires and off the paint.

The second question is what is the best quick detailer/spray wax?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These questions are better researched at autogeek.com forums.

One mans best is anothers crap when it comes to detailing.

I am currently using chemical guys silk shine.

For lube I have megs black spray detailer and chemical guys luber blue (cannot remember actual name).

For paint sealant.......... I have klasse all in one.

You can try some Adams stuff too. They support us and have great service.

I have a few of their things too and have been pleased.

They stand behind there stuff well.

Seriously though join autogeek and you will be blown away by the amount of information there.

I am on it under the same name .

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our SuperVRT will serve you well. It's a water-based dressing, no sling or high shine (which comes from silicone), is water resistant so it holds up very well, and contains SPF35 so it will protect from the sun.

As far as Detail Spray goes, it's our flagship product, the company is built around our pink juice! Ours is slick so it works great as a clay bar lube, flashes fast so it requires less wiping, works well for as a drying agent due to the fast flash time, and has wax enhancers in it which extend the life of your LSP.

All of our products come are backed with the industry's only 110% money back guarantee, so there's not skin off your back to at least try our stuff. If you aren't impressed, we will take it back plus kick you 10% extra for your trouble. We also offer forum members a 10% discount on every order. The coupon code is listed in my sig. :)

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can attest to Adam's. I have lots of their stuff and I am always happy to use them. Their Detail Spray is great and the 110% guarantee is completely true. I used their APC and thought I used way too much in order to the results I wanted...So after talking to Nick he sent me a 36oz bottle to replace my 16oz and told me to give it another shot all free of charge.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
ADAMS!! all the way. Thats all I use for detailing. Great products. The VRT is great. Doesn't sling at all.

windycitylp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
adams. i found them via this forum at the end of may and have never looked back. i originally used never dull for my wheels, but the last time i used adams green wheel cleaner and boar hair brush only. they were much shinier than never dull! when i roll down the road, my wheels have their own reflection from the sun on the road. not too shabby.
adams has a forum as well, give it a look see. there is more information just on detailing there than you can imagine.
i have never detailed my own car before and i am still really new. but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Attachments

• post-10627-0-33571800-1373873032_thumb.jpg
    post-10627-0-33571800-1373873032_thumb.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
  • post-10627-0-40477200-1373873036_thumb.jpg
    post-10627-0-40477200-1373873036_thumb.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
  • post-10627-0-67395000-1373873027_thumb.jpg
    post-10627-0-67395000-1373873027_thumb.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11

windycitylp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have two quick questions for you, first off I have been using numerous tire shine products for nearly 20 years but since buying the last two trucks (both GMT900's) and have never been so aggravated! I had a Denali and it was so bad I stopped using it completely!!! Now I got an Esky with stock 22's and its not as bad but its still bad. WTF?? I am starting to see more and more NNBS's with molded mud guards/flaps but imo they look like crap!

So my question is what is the best tire shine product with zero sling? I would much rather give up some shine vs keeping it on the tires and off the paint.

The second question is what is the best quick detailer/spray wax?
i used adams glaze and americana wax for those photos i posted. it was pretty easy to use. i had previously used megs nxt wax but so far im liking the americana wax much better. but i will warn ya, to get that shine i probably spent 10+ hrs on the yukon. i washed, alcohol sprayed, clayed, polished, sealed, glazed, and waxed. all by hand.
i returned my turtle wax ice spray wax since i shifted to adams but i have heard good things about it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Adams user here. And I absolutely love the SVRT tire dressing. I also use it on all of my black plastics like on the front and rear bumpers, and the side mirrors.

kevinhun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are liquid polishes that can be used to shine any parts of the car including the tyres. Not sure I remember the name though. I will get back to you..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510