tuning 5.7 with cam and head swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
hey guys ive been meaning to ask yall if this set up is tunable with fuel injection and if so what other parts may have to be upgraded along with this swap.

i have a erson camshaft part number e110052. specs are..

[email protected] int/244 exh/244
valve lift- int/.510 exh/.510
lobe sep int/107 exh/109
lash hot- hyd

following this cam i have a set of vortec heads that were machined to match this cam i also have the 1.6 roller rockers, hydraulic lifters, chromoly push rods, and beehive springs. i have a hei msd distributor but im pretty sure it wont work with fuel injection
i spoke with erson performance about the camshaft and they said to speak with you guys first to find out if this cam is tunable .

they also wanted me to ask if these cam specs are tunable as well im assuming this is the cam they would rather put in this motor instead?

465/488 valve lift
224/234 duration @.050
290/300 advertised duration
112 lobe seperation
107 intake centerline.

im pretty sure either way ill need at least a 2500-2800 stall. my other motor modifications are jba shorty headers,flowmaster 50 series turn down tips 4 row alluminum raidator, throttle body spacer. if you need to contact me in anyway please let me know and ill pm you my contact number and email. if you need any other imformation ill do my best to get it to you. thanks for your help and time!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The first cam would be real rough, impossible with the factory PCM. Would require a 0411 upgrade, but then the rev limiter would still be at or below 6000rpm due to coil charge times needed, in most cases. It would also not perform well on the street at all. The second cam would be much more streetable. What year is the truck?

OP
OP
CbChevyLt_99

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
The first cam would be real rough, impossible with the factory PCM. Would require a 0411 upgrade, but then the rev limiter would still be at or below 6000rpm due to coil charge times needed, in most cases. It would also not perform well on the street at all. The second cam would be much more streetable. What year is the truck?

Its a 99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot

Latest posts