Tune done to a 01 pontiac formula

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I just got the tune done today for my 01 formula. Haven't got on it too much, but it was a pleasure meeting Justin and his helper (shit i forgot his name, sorry! haha). When trying to change the trans line pressure, it was kinda hard for him since my car couldn't hook up on the 1-2 shift. But it feels really good and tight. cant wait to go down the track and see some improvements. I might try and to take this tank slow and see the mpg improvement. But thanks for your help Jenna on here and nice meeting you Justin :Handshake:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will have to see what your limiter is at, it is probably well over 110 though. Yep, the Tahoe is gone.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
thanks, hows not having it anymore going? i was talking to a guy at the meet who previously got his tune last year, but he said your having a baby??? Congrats to that if you are or already did by now.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It isn't too bad since I have the TBSS, however I do miss the Tahoe. She was good to me! Yes we are having a baby, not due til Sept though. Thanks for the Congrats! :)

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Do you know if its a boy or girl yet? well either way, im sure its going to be a gearhead just as much as you guys are (in a good way ovcourse). lol

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Well good luck!! Hey jenna, so my buddy is saying this tune wasn't worth the 250 bucks which i think it was worth ever penny. but let me know how i should respond to him in this statement as he said to me.

"To tune properly on any MAF based vehicle you need to monitor AFR, unless he stuck something up the tail pipe or changed out your O2s for the duration of the tune/drive sounds like he wasn't watching your WOT Air Fuel Ratio. You can tune via narrow band (from the factory O2) but that takes along time and only can get you into the ballpark.
Sorry to rain on your parade but it doesn't sound like you got as good of a tune as you could have gotten else where. Luckily at $250 I wouldn't say you were ripped off"

sorry for his ignorance or whatever you want to call it, btw i love you guys already! and will only talk about the awesome job you guys did! but help this kid out please thanks!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Were this a speed density tune, then absolutely correct that a wideband is necessary, however with proper knowledge of how a MAF works and with the experience level we have with these vehicles, the only variable unaccounted for would be actual fuel delivery (mechanical), which a tune should not be used to accommodate regardless of method used. Aside from our ability to quickly dial things in within 2-3% of target (the stock vehicle is off by 5-8% on average), actual fuel consumed is not as important as the average weekend tuner thinks. Ignition timing is where the power is and our method allows for great consistency in that aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667