True dual exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kastro86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my stock exhaust. But not sure if I should just get a flow master muffler and duals coming out from the muffler or do true duals? Any help would be appreciated

hoss08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not say that cat back isn't good but I'd really recommend pricing a custom made system from a local exhaust shop. I bought countless cat back systems over the years for my cars and trucks. When I was looking for a system for my Esky I stopped by a local muffler shop and ended up having him build me a true 2.5 dual setup with magnaflows. All stainless, new hangers ect. from the cats back. Installed, fully welded and lifetime guarantee for $225. That's including the mufflers. I couldn't have done it cheaper if tried. I personally will never buy another over the counter system again. A good muffler shop can save you a ton of time and a ton of money. The piece of mind knowing that if it develops a leak, breaks a hanger ect. all I have to do is bring it back and have it fixed for FREE. Saving a few hundred bucks over a cookie cutter system is just a bonus. Just a tip if you decide to go this route. Go to a shop that specializes in exhausts/mufflers. A chain store like Midas, Monroe ect. will most likely either try to force sell a piece of junk factory style setup, turn you away or **** you with the price. A mom and pop type shop is what you'll have the best luck with.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried that and ended up with a muffler in place of the stocker with new tip for $300. The one shop I found known for systems like u described was out of business...go figure..

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm Also curious about exhaust options as well. I've been told true dual 2.5 with an x pipe sounds good but i don't want to loose all my back pressure just for some sound.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Therr are alot of videos on YouTube. To find the sound you want.

DenaliDave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i went with a 14in body dual in dual out Magnaflow custom bent by one of my customers (i work at an exhaust wholesale place) not too loud inside unless you stomp it.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I priced a custom cat back 3 in system single out for 255 today with muffler all piping and hangers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez