truck doesn't want to start after being filled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after filling my gas tank the truck doesnt wanna start give it some gas and start up its ruff for min then runs fine? i get a evap code sometimes also.

OP
OP
mason313

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pump is about 2 years old. only does this when the gas tank is filled. if i put a half tank there is no problem.

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your in the Chicago/ Ind area it could be the BP Gas. They have bad fuel here and $1200 to $1700 in repair costs to owners. BP is covering repairs if have receipt for fuel. If not then maybe it's the fuel pump.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I didn't read the article linked, but heard about it on the news the other day. Wisconsin was also affected near Milwaukee with Premium and Plus fuels. Chicago and Northwestern Indiana were the primary problem spots though.

Thank God I adhered to the GM TSB concerning Top Tier Fuels. Filling up at Shell, and telling the wife to do the same, may have saved us from those repairs. BP is not considered a Top Tourer Fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmoade