Truck doesn’t turn over after dead battery fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Santanjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I charge my hot spot Wi-Fi in my 05 Tahoe that drains the battery at times although the vehicle does not start up once I’ve recharged the battery. It would start up then immediately shutoff. The shop has had replaced a sensor, BCM, and reprogrammed the vehicle anti theft which is becoming an expensive rabbit hole situation. I should also mention it starts backup after each repair although back to the same issue once the battery died. Any thoughts?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anti theft is reprogrammed but has the key or the key sensor been replaced? dealt with an envoy with that problem.

OP
OP
S

Santanjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anti theft is reprogrammed but has the key or the key sensor been replaced? dealt with an envoy with that problem.
Thank you. It has not but it started after the reprogram so not sure if that would be it. It’s also a standard key not the electronic ones with lock/unlock feature. I’m not sure if you’re thinking that.

OP
OP
S

Santanjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a new thread I should see? Sorry I’m new to this forum.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Navigate to the correct forum for your year and issue, then start a new thread using the 1691855368883.png button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I charge my hot spot Wi-Fi in my 05 Tahoe that drains the battery at times although the vehicle does not start up once I’ve recharged the battery. It would start up then immediately shutoff. The shop has had replaced a sensor, BCM, and reprogrammed the vehicle anti theft which is becoming an expensive rabbit hole situation. I should also mention it starts backup after each repair although back to the same issue once the battery died. Any thoughts?
This doesn't sound right at all. Seems like the original problem was not fixed. The BCM is a major component, a computer and not a sensor.

OP
OP
S

Santanjl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This doesn't sound right at all. Seems like the original problem was not fixed. The BCM is a major component, a computer and not a sensor.
Computer appears to be working right according to the shop but seems like they’re missing something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz