Travel Trailer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankin

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2022 Yukon Xl with 6.2 L
I have a 2017 Palomino Puma which is 31 feet long. about 7200lbs loaded for camping. So I am also on the limit for weight. Everything goes in the trailer and nothing inside the Yukon for Payload reasons.
The truck does the job well, but I wouldn't want to go much bigger then that. I use a husky centerline WDH.

Question out of curiosity and learning purposes. Does anyone think the hitch needs to be lower as it looks a tad high in his photo?

OP
OP
DenaliCountry

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 2022 Yukon Xl with 6.2 L
I have a 2017 Palomino Puma which is 31 feet long. about 7200lbs loaded for camping. So I am also on the limit for weight. Everything goes in the trailer and nothing inside the Yukon for Payload reasons.
The truck does the job well, but I wouldn't want to go much bigger then that. I use a husky centerline WDH.

Question out of curiosity and learning purposes. Does anyone think the hitch needs to be lower as it looks a tad high in his photo?
I agree with your question. I think the nose of the trailer could come down a bit. When I setup the hitch they say to ensure the air ride/leveling system is disabled and setup from there. Once the leveling took effect the nose of the trailer was a little high. That said, I think when driving the rear squats a little more than when parked so thinking its pretty close. I did think about dropping the hitch slightly though.

It pulled great down the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan